FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:41 am
Wigg

Originally Posted by Hoogaar
Question about the Amex Aeroplan Reserve and the Amex Platinum card.

1) For lounge access, do I simply need to be a card holder (with a boarding pass), or must the ticket be bought with my card?

2) I just got the Aeroplan Reserve pretty much to be able to roll over my unused eUps and the welcome bonus, but I don't know that my business travel will ever get back to levels that will even get me close to SE anymore so I'm wondering if the Platinum Card might not be a better option?

3)And for the Aeroplan Reserve, once I lose my status, can I access all MLL, or is it only domestic and transborder?
1) Cardholder and account linked. There is not a requirement to purchase the ticket with the card.
3) All MLL in Can/US. (e.g. no access in Europe). Card does come with Priority Pass enrolment, which may result in a fee per visit.
2) You will have to compare the two and assess your anticipated travel. If you will have enough travel to maintain 50K, then you still have lounge access and other *G access. If not totally invested in Aeroplan, then Platinum will accumulate MR points, redeemable via AMEX and/or transferable to many programs (including Aeroplan).