FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic (VS) Flying Club points redemptions on ANA (NH) - Master thread
Old Nov 15, 2023, 1:01 am
freakazoid

Programs: US, LH, HH
Originally Posted by IamHungry
I have ord-nrt booked on ANA using virgin miles, j class. Is it possible to add nrt-itm also on ANA, x class? Do I need to pay more miles or just only change fee?
You always pay for each segment, so nrt-itm would require additional miles.

Originally Posted by loganseatac
If I see one seat available HND to SGN in J on ANA's website, but nothing shows up on United, does that mean the single seat is not available to book with Virgin miles?
Similarly, I am able to book 3 seats in economy on ANA using miles but when I talked to the Virgin rep, they didn't see any seats available. Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried to search but my terms were too vague.
Airlines usually offer more availability to their own loyalty program than partner programs. Virgin reps never see any availability. They blindly try to book it and either it comes back as confirmed or not. Though sometimes they struggle to do even that, not sure what the reason is. I think if you have more than one segment, they need to book them individually. If they try to do it from start to finish, the system isn't working. (At least that is the best reasoning I can come up with) Your best bet is to double check the availability with another Star Alliance partner. If two partner have it, it should be available via Virgin.