FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards
Old Nov 14, 2023, 3:52 pm
muskoka

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by Stranger
Any recent experience with Amex Reserve insurance?

I filed a claim for rental car damage early October. Sent the required docs by e-mail. Seems to have dropped into a black hole. Sent a second e-mail inquiring, no response.

It appears they may have changed the insurer, now a subsidiary of Intact. I read somewhere about up to 45 days to process claims, and no answer to e-mail seems to have occurred. Past experience was that processing was very quick, so seems to have changed for the worse?

Any recent experience?
I submitted a claim in August for a car rental from YEG to YYC after delayed AC flight from YYZ caused us to miss our connection in YEG (to avoid having to overnite
in YEG after previously having the infamous flt #153 cancelled the day before).
The claim was showing as in process for 2 months. I emailed. No response. I finally called. Agent said everything was good and payment coming soon.
I waited a week. Called again. Better agent said she would escalate it. Next day I get an email asking for original AC itinerary. I sent it (for the 2nd time).

I received an email 2 days later saying claim approved. Cheque in mail 2 days after that. All told it took 3 months from date of sending claim.

I would call & rattle their cage.