FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver: Shangri-La and other hotels (consolidated)
Old Nov 13, 2023, 7:59 am
Livetotell

In October 2023, I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. The location is great, centrally located. Plus, it also looks out over the harbor and mountains. Neat to see the harbor planes take off & land right in front of you. We were in Vancouver for a cruise, and the cruise port was about a block away from the hotel. We also walked to Stanley Park, and to all of the high end shopping areas from the hotel, but we are very active.

The harbor view room needed to be updated IMO. Carpet looks somewhat worn. The “craftsman” “woodsy” theme of the room, doesn’t work IMO. The bathroom is 4 star. Everything was clean. I hear the Spa is nice, and the Gym had a good array of equipment, mid-size, but in a windowless room. We only had breakfast there and thought the food was good.

Service was good, and I recall them using my last name on several occasions which I found surprising. This is a solid 4 Star hotel.

I was turned off by the Rosewood in Vancouver, because it really has nothing to offer (no views, pool,etc) and pricier. Kinda reminded me of a stuffy old hotel, boxed in on each side with other buildings.

Harbor view room. Seabourn cruise ship.