FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues
Old Nov 8, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: UA1P
I flew from the US to Europe on a direct flight. My bag didn't arrive. I chatted with UA and opened a ticket. I had an Apple Airtag in the bag. The bag was left at the departure airport but did make it on the next flight. The bag then sat at the destination airport and barely moved around. UA via chat claimed that the bag was already delivered to me. Their website said th bag was "delivered to the destination airport" and did not say it was delivered to me. Each of the 4 days it sat at the airport, the worthless UA agents also claimed it was going to be delivered that day. One agent told me to go the airport. I spent nearly 5 hours door-to-door. While I was at the airport looking for it, I saw it leave the airport. It was delivered that night. I was frustrated as hell and called a spade a spade. I told the agent they were lying to me, attemptiung to feed me , AND/OR poorly trained OR all 3. I think all 3.

I submitted my expenses. 5 days came out to only around $400. They sent me a check for less than that. I had to resubmit a claim. I received another email saying they will pay the remaining amount. No explanation why they didn't reimburse me for the full amount. For compensation, they gave me a $100 voucher. I would have been satisfied if they gave me at least $400.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 8, 2023 at 10:58 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.