FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2023 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International)
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:38 pm
GourmetFlyer

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by owen567
Just flew a few days ago 11/4/2023 UA 932 IAD - FRA, Everyone in premium plus was given the economy meal, steak or pasta. Someone asked for an mixed drink and the flight attendant said they come back around and charge them. Asked for red wine, was given a glass, the row in front got the mini bottle. Don't book premium plus for the food. I still don't understand the foot rest.
1. As others have said, UA does not serve beef in economy. I've had the beef rib before a few times, and I liked it. Maybe the caterer had a bad day on your flight, or it was left in the oven too long that the meat became tough and dry.

2. In the early days of PP, there were indeed confusions as to whether liquor was free. This issue has long been settled so this particular case is definitely an FA error.

3. They are indeed inconsistent on how wines are served. If you want a mini bottle, you can always ask.

4. The footrest is adjustable. To reset it, tilt it all the way up with the top of your shoes. To set it, press it down with your shoes to your desired position. Then tilt it slightly up and then step on it again. To change its position, reset it by tilting it all the way up and repeating the process.