FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hiltons now requesting corporate ID if using codes
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:17 am
travelfreakuk

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Originally Posted by mattg85
Maybe it’s that particular rate that they have seen misuse of?

I’m actually due to stay at that Hilton in Newcastle tomorrow night - my employer doesn’t have a corporate code we can use on the app, but there is a specific Hilton.com URL we use for reservations (which is accessible not just from our corporate network) - booked a rate for tomorrow night for around 50% of what the cheapest Honors rate was - I have not had any communication from the hotel requesting proof of eligibility. In my case however I would be able to provide an ID if requested at checkin, which is clearly problematic for you.

My spouse and I usually use his corporate leisure rate for reservations at Hiltons around the world and we have never once been asked for evidence of working for that employer, even when the reservations are in my name.

I’m sure there are some out there who frequently abuse the system to an excessive level so perhaps they have just put in place certain safeguards to try to prevent.
Thanks for the prompt response. It's odd - the difference in the rate I booked and the next cheapest Hhonors rate was only £20! It just doesn't seem worth the effort of protecting even if I had, somehow acquired the code when I shouldn't have. Do please report back on your stay - will be interesting to note if you are also asked for some ID.