FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites
Old Nov 1, 2023, 9:04 am
RobOnLI
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by fumje
If this is referring to SDC through the app, I haven't seen the app behave that way in a while. My recent (past few years') experience is that before you start flying XXX-LAX-BOS, it will potentially offer a bunch of XXX-(ORD/IAH/etc)-BOS alternatives, but once you start on a routing it doesn't offer changes to it. So the only options I'd expect are different time(s) of LAX-BOS (and there are only two flights per day). IRROPS is the only exception I've seen to that behaviour. Have you seen otherwise?

I can imagine it might be easier to get an agent to change LAX-BOS into LAX-something-BOS during the layover than it would be to change XXX-LAX-BOS into XXX-DEN-LAX-BOS, but that would be luck of the draw.
Agree with you. UA changed the SDC logic and doesn't allow additional stops once you fly the first flight. All connections from that point forward are between what's already ticketed; e.g. ORD-BOS will only show ORD-BOS flights (up to 24 hours later assuming same fare class) but will never show ORD-IAD/EWR-BOS. A phone agent may be able to do this or may push back. They may also charge additional PFCs, too.

-RM