FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How comfortable is ANZ premium economy?
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:07 am
WandertheWorld

Originally Posted by taupo
https://samchui.com/2023/10/27/which...economy-seats/

PY really is NZ's shining star.
About half my NZ travel is booked in PY with the hope of an upgrade, however I am never disappointed when the upgrade fails, as their PY product really is superb for this 6'4" frame.
Seat recline allows for rest without impinging on the personal space of person behind (they sometimes need a friendly reminder the screen is touch and not push, my seatback is not a pull-up bar).
So much legroom.
Premium meal and drink service.
Dedicated cabin that is curtained off.
While I agree that PE is likely the best current offering on ANZ in the context of optimized value, personally I do not like the seat for trans Pacific long hauls. The recline is not enough and there is always risk of being relegated to middle seats, especially on the 777 with its 2-4-2 configuration. I sat in the first row of PE on the 777 twice now recently and was underwhelmed on a 14 hour journey. If budget permits, business class on the likes of JAL/UAL/Qantas/Air Fiji A350 /true Delta One Suites (which sadly is not what they offer to AKL) is far more comfortable. I guess it boils down to, , like everything else in life, your perspective. If you are a regular ANZ flier because of convenience and/or status,, PE totally makes sense when choosing amongst ANZ cabins. But for me, if sleep is a priority and you can afford the fare, business class on the right carrier is legions better.

Last edited by WandertheWorld; Oct 31, 2023 at 6:15 am