FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA limiting the number of awards available to AAdvantage (and other partners)
Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:33 am
shadrock8

BA limiting the number of awards available to AAdvantage (and other partners)

New poster here, I just wanted to comment on reduced availability on BA club world/club suites through AA search engine. Having been following availability and booking BA J flights to Europe through AA the past couple years, it seems BA has stopped giving AA guaranteed availability for award J seats on their metal. Previously, they seemed to make 2 club world seats available on every flight. They usually got booked within the first 2 days of aa’s flight booking maximums, but if you got in on the first day a flight was made available, you could, and I did, get them. These were for SAN-LHR long haul connecting to club Europe. Now, when I go on to search at the 331 day window, there is nothing on any day except for Y available, and often not on my desired flight from San-Lhr I don’t think it has to do with Avios inventory getting used up in their earlier window, as many of the flights still have j or PE availability showing in Avios that simply don’t populate in Aa’s search system. Did BA make an change to not give a guaranteed number of seats per flight to aadvantage customers, or is this some kind of IT issue? I would suspect the former, unfortunately. Have seen the exact same change in J or PE availability being nonexistent via Alaska mileage plan as well.

This change seems to have been made as of 3-4 weeks ago. It also coincided with BA announcing a frequency increase from 1x-2x daily on the San-Lhr route, which makes it doubly frustrating.

Last edited by shadrock8; Oct 30, 2023 at 2:47 am Reason: Add context