FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming Aeroplan Improvements (October 2023 announcement)
Old Oct 29, 2023, 5:16 pm
warrens

Programs: Air Canada SE, Bonvoy Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by songsc
VIA is having a slew of equipment issues recently, to the extend that they often have to use some already faulty locomotives, only to have them breaking down halfway, potentially blocking all trains behind. I try to avoid flying in winter but I am seriously considering PD and AC for a few Eastern Triangle trips for the next two months. The YTZ Cafe will definitely make any potential delays more bearable.
YTZ Cafe is probably going to be mostly unaffected by this policy change... families typically drive between Toronto and Ottawa/Montreal instead of flying through Billy Bishop, especially if they live east of the city. And the ones that do fly will mostly go through Pearson instead because it's closer to where more families live (Mississauga, Brampton, Kitchener/Waterloo etc), and has the better overall flight schedule & planes. Plus YYZ has long-term parking.

As a supporting data point..... I've seen an average of one child on the half-dozen YTZ-YUL flights I've taken so far this year.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
They've made it very clear on many occasions that the vast majority of Elite members have way more SQD than they need for their SQM/S.
Shout out to all the people who do two YYZ-LHR trips in J in a calendar year and hit the SQD requirement for Super Elite, but don't have enough SQM for 25K....

Last edited by warrens; Oct 29, 2023 at 5:35 pm