FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - eSIM thread
Thread: eSIM thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:01 pm
docbert

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by crackjack
Does this option (US Mobile) work well?
Actually, perhaps not... I've had a few people in Australia that tried to sign up tell me that they were unable to do so using a foreign credit card, so it may not be an option. Worth trying, but be sure to have a backup plan...
​​​​​
Originally Posted by Majuki
I don't have direct experience, but someone I know tested Mint due to the pricing, and the deprioritization of data can make the service barely usable at times in crowded places.
I've used Mint on-and-off for years (the only way to get their good pricing without a 12-month commit to to flip between them and others) and also Boost Mobile who I think have the same prioritization level on the T-Mobile network. You are correct in that in some situations the (data) performance takes a dive. In my experience it's fairly rare, but it likely depends a lot on the areas that you're in. For low-bandwidth stuff I've never had a problem with it, but if you're looking to do higher-bandwidth streaming it might be more of an issue.