FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming Aeroplan Improvements (October 2023 announcement)
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:59 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by blue2002
Oh, please, let's not get into the "unruly kids" discussion yet again (yeah, do a search, FT is littered with them). FWIW, the only time I ever had to summon cops at an airport was for an unruly ADULT passenger, not a kid.
Originally Posted by zorn
Let's not fall down yet another travelling with children rabbit hole. Lounge overcrowding (not just an AC problem) is because of the excess of adults in all the lounges - full stop.
There are well behaved children. And there are badly behaved adults. By weight of numbers, yes, adults are more responsible for lounge overcrowding than children, and yes, there are more badly behaved adults in lounges than badly behaved children.

However, the jerk talking too loudly on his conference call and other poorly behaved adults can often be shamed in to better behavior, and usually have a somewhat limited range of disruption (10 feet or so?). On the other hand, several of my recent YYZ DOM MLL visits have featured children running around shrieking, which could be heard more than halfway across the lounge. Weary parents are often disinclined to deal with said children, and tend to bristle at any remarks made about the behaviour of their little angels. So when children do behave badly, in my view, they tend to be much more disruptive than adults.

While children have been permitted into the Café up to now, the one-guest limitation seems to have kept their number fairly low. There are very few families out there with five kids, but it often only takes two to start causing a racket. And given how small a space the Café is, it won't take a lot of children to potentially have a big impact on the atmosphere. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be unhappy at this change.

Originally Posted by blue2002
Anybody allergic to kids is welcome to fly GA.
What an asinine thing to say. The cost of flying private is orders of magnitude beyond the cost of airline travel, even in J, and out of reach to all but a few ultra-wealthy people. And even they often don't want to spend the money - one Calgary billionaire is known to fly Y.

Originally Posted by Truckswain
So, I guess the better question is, I choose the benefits for 75k now for the remainder of 2023 and then come January I get to select my 75k benefits again for 2024.
Correct.