FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:55 am
erdoran

Originally Posted by 81romeo
That's correct, water seems overpriced too but in Maldives there is no 'tap water' culture (and I wouldn't drink any water unless it's bottled, like in India).
I hear you are not even allowed to bring the complimentary water from your room with you for dinner.

The point redemptions are a wonderful value, but there seem to be a LOT of money grabs to make up for it. Food prices are substantially higher than a couple of the comparable Maldives resorts I've seen, and about double Saii Lagoon (which to be fair probably isn't as nice). I think the water thing is just an unabashed ripoff. Period. But maybe that's widespread in Maldives, I don't know. What irks me is that I do think, given their prices, that the Ultimate Rangali pkg IS a good value; however they won't sell it to points redemption people. That one I don't get, and I see a money grab here - I asked about an all inclusive for a points redemption and it was over $500/day and it didn't include covering the seaplane--it was a terrible value, even assuming I ordered the most expensive entree that didn't cost extra at every meal. Seems like if they have an all inclusive pkg it should be available to all guests.