FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Update] As of Dec. ‘23 Polaris Lounges no longer require passports to access
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:21 am
ikwia

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA Plat (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Hilton Gold, Uber One
Originally Posted by vicontt
I know of one - people being deported have their passports in hold until the plane departs, at which point they receive them from the flight attendant. Somehow I doubt they represent the major population in the Polaris Lounge, but it is, of course, possible.

Care to share other scenarios?
Due to a last minute international travel need, someone could head to the airport (perhaps while already on other travel), without a passport and have someone meeting them airside with it. Or upon return, someone who doesn't know a passport is required at the club could send the passport "home" with a companion while pursuing independent travel. I did say these weren't common scenarios, but they can (and have) happened.

Originally Posted by Steve M
That's also true for a driver license or any other form of ID. Should they provide access for those without ID just to cover the highly unusual situation of someone not having any ID?
No, because it is formally stated that a government-issued photo ID may be required.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 23, 2023 at 11:00 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member