FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC files suit against seats.aero
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:42 am
zombietooth

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Well, at least in my limited experience working in product management, the metrics I have seen is any additional step will increase the drop-off
Your assumption is that people who came to AC website already want to purchase a ticket, I dont agree with that belief. My take is that there are quite bit of browsers who are just casually checking out the ticket price, or that they may simply be shopping around. Introducing a login process before the payment page is counter intuitive and remove a % from your top of funnel that might have went through with a purchase.
This is true in my case. I like to do my searches anonymously and use VPNs because I sometimes find better routings and prices that way (including award searches). After I find the inventory I want, I'll log-in to make the purchase. I assume Google Flights scrapes data the same as Aero. And they allow you to track price drops, which I do all the time to save money-I'll book a trip at the best fare and then set-up a price drop alert. If I get one, I'll cancel and rebook my flight at the lower price. I've saved 2K this year so far doing this. Why isn't AC upset at Google for doing this? They're costing AC money through their price drop alerts and it seems like AC should be upset about them too.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 20, 2023 at 10:49 am