FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unofficial AC PNR Viewing Tool (cowtool)
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:54 am
flyingcrooked

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
I haven't followed this thread closely so apologies if this is a known issue, but I just noticed the cowtool viewer is showing 1098 SQD for a TATL return trip I have coming up that cost about $1900 including tax. That can't be right, I thought. Digging into my email history I see that when I booked the flight back in May, total air transportation charges on the receipt/itinerary from AC were $1586.40. A few weeks after booking there was a schedule change, and when rebooking at no cost I picked a different routing for the inbound, direct UK to Canada rather than through FRA. The receipt/itinerary issued after that change makes absolutely no sense (see screenshot). The total booking cost including tax is represented as $1093.40, with no breakdown of where this comes from. And it shows me still being charged German taxes and airport fees even though the itinerary doesn't involve Germany (or at least this info is presented as if these taxes/fees contribute to the overall price).

1093 EURO is almost exactly $1586 CAD, so that must be the source of the problem. My original itinerary was:

EDI-YYZ-YOW
YOW-YUL-FRA-EDI

when I changed the flight to

EDI-YYZ-YOW
YOW-YYZ-EDI

the mere presence of that transfer in Germany in the original itinerary caused AC to mess things up, presenting in my receipt the Euro number with a $. I'm glad I don't need to rely on that receipt to get reimbursed (I pay for the flights myself). Will watch to see what happened with the SQD posting.