FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton AMEX Card Redesign; Higher Annual Fee; New Benefits
Old Oct 19, 2023, 12:24 pm
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by italdesign
<snip>Because I have to remember to take it out of the sock drawer and put it in my wallet then put it back into the sock drawer every month. I like to keep my wallet thin so it doesn't make my front pocket bulge. A lot of places I eat at don't take Amex (Asian restaurants, for example). And if one purchase doesn't use up all $25 then I have to make another purchase later, but not more than necessary. You get the point. FWIW it's been taking up space in my wallet for about 15 days this month and I've yet to use it.
Honestly, it almost feels like you just want to make this hard. I mean put it in a digital wallet (e.g. Apple/Google Pay) on your phone. (yes, yes, I know "the places you go don't take digital wallet payments..." )

Sure, obviously a "one and done" is easier, but that is the trend for these cards (see changes to the very card you are claiming is superior, which we are currently discussing), but the Bonvoy Dining credit is drop dead simple to use, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Regards