FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - School trip with BA
View Single Post
Old Oct 19, 2023, 4:51 am
Nephoi

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 13901
Dear OP, please see the BA details about flying with instruments here: britishairways.com/jba/ba/fi_FI/baggage/bagsport.html#:~:text=Instruments such as violins%2C violas,31 x 18 x 10in%5D.

I would really recommend contacting them if you're travelling with a lot of musical instruments. Adding that info to your group booking will alert BA of your specific needs and will raise awareness within the operation. Back when I worked there we had a situation when two major cycling events were happening on the same week in France, and thus GVA & LYS were rammed. Thankfully a few cycling clubs contacted us ahead of schedule so we knew that 50 of them were planning to come with their bikes, and suitable arrangements were made. In the end we had 200+ bikes on that day!
yesterday I had the questions, how many bags one of those planes of the A320 family can actually hold yeah. contacting them is for sure. Will tell the GGL hotline about it in addition to the remarks the group department will send. Thank you.