FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Points and stay credits for multiple rooms (new policy effective 30 Aug 2023)
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:19 pm
rccsd

Super disappointed by this new policy and Marriott's complete lack of flexibility. Just completed a stay in Asia where I had 2 rooms, 1 from 9/26-9/30 and another room from 9/27-9/30. I unexpectedly had to stay another night so I booked another night for both rooms from 9/30 -10/1 on a separate reservation. When I arrived to check in, the JW Marriott had already combined the extra night to my existing reservation for each room. They did this completely unsolicited. Now, Marriott is refusing to give me points for the second room for the entire stay from 9/27-10/1.

At the very least, I should be given points for second room from 9/30-10/1 since they were on a completely different reservation where both rooms matched up on the dates. However, Marriott is still refusing to budge.

This rule is completely asinine. I do not see any logic in this policy other than to make it difficult for people to get the points they deserve. I could have easily booked 1 night for 1 room and then 2 rooms for the next 4 nights. What's the rationale for this policy. This is totally frustrating and sucks.