FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites
Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:31 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by charlesonmission
Standby by question! Heading up to Newark tomorrow in the morning and then coming back on the last flight out back to DCA. Right now, I'm booked on the earliest flight to Newark and the last flight back to DC. If my appointment end early and I get to the airport, I was thinking of doing the stand by flight that leaves at 545 PM instead of my flight at 830 PM. My ticket is United First (P). If I do stand by, is it looking for a first class seat, economy seat, or either? If I read it right, it seemed that Upgrade list is first before stand by, so I'm assuming the change of getting a First Class seat is close to zero (which is fine, wasn't sure how this worked, hence the question.)
You'll want to do SDC if you want to keep the F seat. SDS will put you on the back of the list since you are not yet confirmed on the flight.

Originally Posted by unitedwildcat
Are agents pretty flexible for allowing alternative SDC routings not generated by the app? I was flying DEN-EWR, but if I wanted DEN-IAD-EWR would they have done it for me? What about .. DEN-SLC-EWR?

I realize I probably could have called but didn’t want to awkwardly try to justify an irrational routing if challenged
DEN-IAD-EWR seems easy to do; surprised the app wouldn't offer that. SDC via outstations like SLC will be more difficult; an agent can certainly do it.