FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:33 pm
Retiredlife

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt, United, Flying Blue
We had a very good 8 night stay here in mid-September. We had an Art Deco Suite on the top floor with a view over the park toward the towers of Parliament and the London Eye. The hotel is very attractive, and we liked the spacious club lounge. The location is excellent for tourists - we enjoyed walking through the park to Buckingham Palace and even Westminster Abbey and Parliament, and the Green Park tube station is just a few blocks away. It’s also easy walking distance to many good (and even excellent) restaurants. Palm Court always looked so appealing when we walked past, and we had a nice, casual dinner there one night after a long day trip to Oxford. Returning to the elegant, serene atmosphere of the hotel after a day of sightseeing was always a pleasure.

I chose the breakfast buffet in the Mercante restaurant as my welcome gift even though we had access to the club lounge, because we enjoy a big, leisurely breakfast. The restaurant breakfast buffet was quite extensive, but the club lounge breakfast selection was almost as extensive, so I would not make that same choice for a shorter stay.

6 of our 8 nights were booked using cash and points, and the ability to use points for an Art Deco Suite was much appreciated. Our Art Deco suite did not seem quite as large as the one pictured on the website, but it was roomy enough for a lengthy stay with two large suitcases, and we enjoyed the view, especially at night. Although we arrived very early after an overnight flight, we were not able to get into the room until after the normal check-in time, due to a late check out by another Titanium member - but we were able to use the club lounge, and the hotel managed the situation as well as could be expected. The club lounge offered different “themed” late afternoon/early evening offerings - we particularly enjoyed the Indian dishes and the British beef pie. There is even an afternoon tea spread earlier in the afternoon. We enjoyed our stay very much.