FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which hotel should I pick for 6 nights in Tokyo late 2023 as a Discoverist?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:14 pm
chrispycreme561

Which hotel should I pick for 6 nights in Tokyo late 2023 as a Discoverist?

Hey guys I am trying to determine what the best value for points is right now for me and my Fiancee's 6 night stay in Tokyo. I am a discoverist thanks to the WoH CC.

Options are below

Andaz (35k/night) = 210k pts (Standard King)

Grand Hyatt (29k/night)= 174k pts (Standard King)

Hyatt Centric Ginza (4N at 25k/night & 2N at 29k/night) = 158k pts (Standard king)

Hyatt Regency Shinjuku (4N at 21k/night & 2N at 24k/night) = 132k pts (King w/ Club Access)

What We Like

This trip will solely be around food. I am talking all day long into the night we will most likely skip clubbing/bars in lieu of omakase dinners and izakaya hopping so we would like to make this a priority when deciding the neighborhood around the hotel too.

Please consider convenience to a train stop, how nice the actual room/hotel is with only discoverist status, and surrounding area for the hotel.

Current Opinion

Ideally, we would love to be able to get all 6 nights at the HR Shinjuku for 96k at a standard rate but assuming I can't get that what would our next best option be?