FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions -Free STBY for all, SDC for all elites
Old Oct 9, 2023, 5:04 pm
AirbusFan2B

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
UA278 SFO-ORD is presently P0
Know what’s really weird, WineCountryUA - she added the flight to my record and must have forgotten to delete it while she was trying to help me so I now have two flights. I believe I should call back and have them delete either the later one if they’ll agree or the earlier one.

Well, fascinating… When I called back to have the record cleaned up, the nice reservations agent asked if I wanted the earlier flight. I said yes but not for an additional fare as she had said on my previous call. He said, “that was not the correct reply. I can do it. It’s called Same Day Change. Would you like me to do it?” So now it’s done. What a difference a competent agent can make.

Based on what I learned here, I will HUACA if they say rate desk.

Originally Posted by leftysauce
Do you see the option in the check-in flow? App should generally have no issues displaying flights with buy-up'd fare class.

i've had P fares before and yes sometimes SDC page is randomly broken but if there is truly P left, you just have to be a little persistent and get a supervisor. Once you get rates involved, it's game over cuz they'll try to reprice/change it instead of exchanging it.

alternatively, just chat with travelhelp.united.com and see what they can do if you have a valid reason
Essentially a HUACA solved this. Thank you so much for all this valuable advice!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 9, 2023 at 6:48 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member