FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old Oct 9, 2023, 8:26 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
A tale of 3 London properties last week. The first two booked as Queen Guest Room, the Metropole booked as Deluxe King. All around £250 per room per night. There was a train strike midweek which may have increased demand.

Hart Shoreditch Curio.
Lovely new hotel - luxury fixtures and fittings, books in the room, funky lighting etc. Very welcoming staff at check-in.
Upgraded proactively on the day to Junior Suite (no request from me)

Doubletree Victoria:

Busy hotel next to railway station. More classic Hilton look and feel. Very welcoming staff at check-in.
Upgraded proactively on the day to Junior Suite (no request from me). This was more a "two room" Junior Suite than the Hart, but probably similar space overall.

Hilton Metropole:

Insanely busy reception. Thankfully digital key was available so no staff interaction required at all.
No upgrade, despite many "better" room types on sale at the time of check-in but I didn't ask due to the long queues at reception.
Refurbished deluxe room. Very small room indeed, plus no slippers or robes which I thought came with the deluxe package. Great views over London.

Favourites in the order of stays - the Curio Hart Shoreditch first, the DT Victoria second and the Metropole third.

If I added in Hilton Bankside which I stayed in a few weeks ago, that would come second out of 4 in this list.