FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier points and miles for "UK Business"
View Single Post
Old Oct 30, 2003, 1:52 am
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by edi-traveller:
I've done UK Dom in almost every fare code since July and J is the only bookable one that prints Business UK on the BP.</font>
Thanks. I thought that might be the case. "H" Class fares including Tax are around £288. For some of the weekends she will be coming down flybe are offering fares at less than half that. No points or miles on flybe but the equivalent of 2 for the price of one negates any value in accruing Miles.

Slightly OT: I did a day trip EDI-SOU-EDI yessterday and was hit for the full "J" fare of £410. On the outbound (08:50) there were 13 passengers and on the return (17:50), 26. These are not good peak-time loads on a 50+ seat RJ. It may be conincidence but I suspect flybe have had some early success. Perhaps we will see more realistic pricing or more seats being made available in lower fare classes. On checking Galileo on Tuesday evening all the fare classes except J, C, D, I, & Y were showing closed. Looking at random dates well in to next year there is very little, or no, avaiailability in anything other than full-fare.