FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier points and miles for "UK Business"
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2003, 3:13 am
House

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Tier points and miles for "UK Business"

I have broken the habit of a lifetime by flying BA shorthaul a bit recently. At the current rate I might even end up with a silver card by the end of the year.

I am a bit confused about how BA treats C/J class tickets on domestic flights though. I was aware that these services are one-class in terms of service, but that "UK Business" tickets get you lounge access, flexibility and so on.

The BA website (my ancient blue card has not merited the sending-out of an Exec Club manual for some time) says that a UK flight in Club class will net you 40 tier points per segment flown, and 500 miles. The entries for 2 recent flights (LHR-MAN-LHR) have awarded me 20 tier points per sector and no miles whatsoever.

Now, while I can accept BA's business class for rewarding passengers based on revenue worth, I'd have thought that a GBP280 ticket in C class would have attracted more tier points than a Y class fare which sells for over GBP100 less. A trip to BRU in C, which cost barely GBP30 more, netted me the full 40 points.

Is this a glitch or simply my misinterpretation of the rules?

I'm confused!