FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS to leave Star Alliance and join SkyTeam [eff. 01 Sep 2024]
Old Oct 4, 2023, 12:16 pm
copperred

Originally Posted by GUWonder
SAS hasn’t been such a hot topic on FT since the days of the very cheap — sub-$399 round trip — SK business fares from OSL to PVG/PEK.

Indeed. That said, the Oresunsdtag train travel from Vaxjo to CPH is less reliable and timely nowadays than it was 20 years ago.

SJ is the reason I fly where I previously would have considered the train. Given how busy the CPH-ARN route can be with just commuter types, I can only hope AF/KL+SK don’t decide to draw down the capacity on such route and this ends up going the way of the Delta Shuttle.

CPH-BOS probably has a lot going for it, but Lego seems like a Lego cherry on top — just don’t step on it when in socks/stockings or bare feet.
Don't disagree at all about service reliability of SJ or the regional partners, it just sucks how Sweden has intentionally tried to keep flights out. Swedavia dumped airports on the local municipalities that would have service in any neighboring country. Routing everything through Stockholm is a Swedish obsession that harms both rail and air; flights from CPH make sense, flights from ARN don't and so most of southern Sweden lacks service.