FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yvr - Sin
Thread: Yvr - Sin
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:40 pm
Rejuvenated
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I was trying to get a revenue ecoomy Class seat between SIN and YVR and for most of Nov and Dec, the whole flight is literally sold out. Even Business Class.
I too have always had trouble getting seats on this flight and at times when they do, there are barely 3 or 4 left causing the fare to soar up through the roof.
There is high demand for SQ flights ex-Canada, but the carrier is only limited to operate 3x/weekly so no wonder it's always jammed packed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that once the current air agreement between Canada & Singapore expires, the two sides will lighten up and we will see more SQ frequencies ex-YVR and also possibly ex-YYZ. Although I'm more than satisfied with CX's service on this route and fly on it quite often, I would love to see SQ fly YVR-HKG-SIN with 5th freedom between YVR-HKG so we can have two great service carriers serving this route (I never invest in AC for this route). What do you think? No doubt in my mind that SQ will do very well in this route and it would surely be a dream come true.

Last edited by Rejuvenated; Jan 4, 2005 at 10:44 pm