FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Award tkt change/cancellation/redeposit/fees Q&As: No fees pre-travel
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:59 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over the years, I have had award ticket refunds not completely going through - usually when this happens, the miles were redposited immediately but the taxes would not come back to the credit card. I have always been able to call, the agent would see the issue and take care of it. (I was 1K but no more.)

I have this problem again. I did a chat session, the agent seemed clueless. Eventually, she said it was taken care of. Nope. I called last night and the agent said everything looked fine and "because you are a valued One Million Mile flyer, you can talk to our Refund Department directly when it opens"

Has something changed? Or I just have not been able to get a good agent like the 1K agents? Have others encountered this recently? The ticket was changed once from the original - additional miles collected but no additional taxes. Then it was cancelled. Maybe that broke it? I guess talking calling the Refund Department during business hours is the only way to fix this?

Thanks.