FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Munich Arabellapark (formerly Sheraton Munich), Germany [Master Thread]
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:30 pm
shfflz

Completed a 4-night stay here recently on a work trip + 1 day at Oktoberfest.

Overall: Dodge - pretty disappointed at my decision here given I've had good experiences in other Four Point Sheraton.

Assuming most people traveling to Munich would like to visit the Munich Old Town and surrounding areas. Walking distance to train station that can take you directly into Old Town and Munich Train Station which is convenient. Interestingly the train/line that takes you there is in an old train that looks like it's from the early 1900s. Not a complain here, actually interesting. However taking taxi/Uber rides here can be an issue. I had trouble finding rides a few times and the take forever to get here, so I would recommend making reservations in the app ahead of time. Also traffic is terrible going into the city from this location - can take 40-60min depending on time of day and which part of the city. Next time I'd much rather stay in hotels walking distance to Old Town or the Munich Station.

Service: 3/10

I did not get room service here. The only interaction I had with hotel staff was during check-in/out. The lady that worked with me during check-in was not as courteous. Her demeanor came off slightly rude and does not want to be interrupted. Hard to describe, but to me just seems like she hates her job and she shows it.

Food: 4/10

Did not eat here other than an overpriced pretzel that I bought one night because I got the munchies.

Room: 5/10

Decent sized standard King bedroom. The building is aged and it definitely shows. The safe in my room errored out so I was hesitant to even ask to get it fixed/use it. Building was weird and there's a tiny balcony that extends past the window that you can't go on, seems to be leftover structure from whatever the building was previously. Elevator is very small and expect a long wait if during rush hour.