FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Galleria; Houston, Texas [Master Thread]
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:25 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by swag
Searching some (non-FT) reviews, it seemed like this Westin had a lounge and the Oaks did not; worse, the Oaks restaurant menu includes an "Elite Continental Breakfast - Seasonal Fresh Cut Fruit · Toasted Bread · Fruit Preserved Orange Juice · Starbucks Coffee", suggesting that elites breakfasting in the Oaks restaurant can't get any hot offerings, at least without upcharge. So I moved my reservation from the Oaks to this one.

The lounge has in fact re-opened, and I enjoyed the breakfast spread there. My one night stay didn't allow me to see the evening offerings. (I've updated the master lounge thread as well).

The main negative I noted was that parking on the ground level of the garage was full - I followed the signs to the next lower level and parked there. This required walking up a flight of concrete, urine-stenched stairs.

My parents were at the Oaks recently - they used a credit at the restaurant for breakfast instead of the continental - it sounded like it was enough for them to share a hot entree. They don't eat much but said the hot items (breakfast sandwich) were good.