FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyMiles Program Changes (Total Revenue Based) for 2025 Medallion Year
Old Sep 14, 2023, 9:29 pm
LAXRuss

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
I suppose for many of us million milers this simplifies the process, particularly for those who also have the no longer available lifetime Sky Club memberships. I‘ll just give up the quest for making Platinum year after year—just live with the Gold status, fly with Delta when it makes sense and pay for a United Economy Plus subscription and fly United in economy or first wherever they offer non stop flights. I can go back to looking for the best non-stop connections rather than flying transcontinental via intermediate hubs. Since there is no 50 percent MQM bonus toward higher million miler status for flying first or business, it takes the sting out of flying other carriers like American or United in premium cabins when they offer a better itinerary or price. Now I can just fly Lufthansa business non-stop to Frankfurt instead of though JFK, AMS or CDG.

Last edited by LAXRuss; Sep 14, 2023 at 9:34 pm