FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your IHG Rewards Experiences 2023
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:09 am
PES_B1
formerly rt23456p

ANA Crowne Plaza Hotel Fukuoka

What is your Priority Club status?
  • Diamond status with IHG.
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
  • Overall, I found the stay to be satisfactory. The proximity to Hakata Station was a significant advantage. However, there were certain aspects of the hotel that felt dated, especially when comparing the decor and amenities to other Crowne Plaza locations I've visited.
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
  • I booked a Standard Club Twin room. Thanks to my Diamond status with IHG, I was upgraded to a Premier Twin room two days in advance. This was a significant upgrade in terms of space, moving from a 23sqm room to a 46sqm room.
How are the rooms?
  • The Premier Twin room I stayed in was spacious, almost double the size of the original room I booked. However, the layout was a bit unusual. The toilet and a rather small sink were in a separate room from the shower, larger sink, and bathtub. This required walking from one side of the room to the other. Additionally, the hotel has a unique ANA Room Fukuoka, which is 58sqm and features ANA-themed decors, including economy seats directly from ANA airplanes in the living room.
How is the exec. lounge?
  • The hotel does have a club lounge. However, it doesn't match up to the standard of the ANA Crowne Plaza in Hiroshima that I reviewed earlier, especially in terms of decor quality, food and drink offerings, lounge space size, or open hours.
What was good and what was bad?
  • Good:
    • Proximity to Hakata Station.
    • Upgrade to a much larger room due to my Diamond status.
    • Breakfast quality was on par with other ANA Crowne Plaza locations in Japan.
    • Unique ANA Room Fukuoka with themed decors.
  • Bad:
    • The standard rooms and club level rooms feel dated, having last been renovated in 2000 and 2008 respectively.
    • The club lounge did not meet expectations in several areas.
    • The breakfast area was very crowded, even at its opening time of 6:30.
    • The room layout was a bit inconvenient with separated toilet and shower areas.
Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
  • At a rate of 180USD per night, I find the hotel to offer decent value for money, especially considering its location near Hakata Station. Given the benefits I received due to my Diamond status, such as the room upgrade and free breakfast, I feel the stay was worth the price. However, potential guests should be aware of the dated decor and room layouts. I would consider returning, but with tempered expectations.