FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: Cancelled Flight and Flight Cancellation
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:50 pm
WebfootTransplant

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver, PC Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by rcs85551
If you had to use ground transportation, cancel your tril or travel on another airline, you will receive 25K bonus miles.

If you needed your Comair flights to keep / earn Medallion status, you will be comped.
Where did you find this? I got caught in the CVG weather and had several Comair flights cancelled from under me. I ended up driving from PHF to ORF and then to RDU chasing available flights before I finally got off the east coast on Christmas eve. Should I be eligible for 25K?

To be honest, I got the 15K posted today and I feel they were more than fair. In the end, they worked with me and changed my destination (I had to cancel previously purchased tickets to see my parents, so DL flew me there instead of my original destination). There weren't coach seats, so the gate agent rebooked me in A (complete with applicable mileage bonuses). Ultimately, I understand that weather happens and there's not a whole lot an airline can do about it. DL really did more in some cases than they had to, IMHO, and did a reasonable job taking care of this customer.

OT slightly, but I think this demonstrates why DL has a fighting chance at continuing existence. I spent two and a half days trying to leave the east coast during a time when untold flights were cancelled at possibly the worst time of the year. People were frazzled and everyone wanted to get home NOW. Every DL agent I talked to, though, was patient and helpful and I saw quite a few rules being bent trying to get people home during a difficult time. DL gets the big ^ from me for really developing a positive customer service culture.

-WT