FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom {GBR}
Old Sep 11, 2023, 6:55 pm
sof_lance

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The thing about hotels in Europe is that they rarely have any regular users, every day a new cohort of travellers present themselves to check-in and any generalisation goes out of the window. I suppose you can say that during school holidays it's more likely to get a group of children splashing around - parents would normally be supervising. On the rare occasions I've used the pool at Bankside I was the only user but that generalisation will not necessarily apply 30 minutes later.

I have a feeling it's 15 metres by the way, it looks the same size as Gateshead which I know to be 15 metres. Waldorf is 14 metres. The two London hotels with 25 metre pools are the Marriott County Hall and Bvlgari Knightsbridge.
Appreciate the in-depth feedback. The pool at Marriott County Hall looks mighty enticing!

Originally Posted by shillard
Barely wide enough for 3 lap swimmers, it was only crowded once so I just waited for 10 minutes or so and then it was fine. Had it to myself approx 50% of the time, I swim 1200 - 1800m pretty briskly and found early morning (pre-8am) to be the quietest times. No kids.

Everyone was swimming laps, except for one loose unit who had a snorkel and was swimming the perimeter of the pool, but he would (sometimes) pause to let you pass.
Missed your reply first time round. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by sof_lance; Sep 15, 2023 at 7:32 pm