FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sky miles to go to Rome
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:53 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lele100
Thank you for your responses, unfortunately I cannot fly to Nassau to be able to go to Rome. and PDX shows crazy miles also today. Do you think waiting, the miles might go down? I have never seen this before, I have seen them go up maybe 20-50k miles but not this much. Like I said 2 weeks ago the miles needed to go to rome from miami were in normal range for the july time period, When do you think would be a good time to check? I am wanting to go 1 or 2nd week of August 2024. Thanks

I do have a delta platinum amex card,
What do mean by normal range? DL award levels to/from US/Canada largely correlate to revenue fare pricing these days at 1.0 - 1.5 CPM range. This has been true for some time. International awards seem to be trending to the lower part of that range (1.0 - 1.1 CPM). Given that DL Main revenue fares start at $1.3K - $1.4K roundtrip for MIA-FCO in the summer, I'd expect Main award levels to be in 120K to 130K miles roundtrip on MIA-FCO best case when there is inventory in lowest award classes. Not sure why FCO awards seem so out of whack right now. There is some availability on MIA-MXP at 105K roundtrip in Main in the summer (revenue fares on MIA-MXP in the summer start at $1150 roundtrip for Main).

FLL-MXP starts at 91.8K miles roundtrip.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 11, 2023 at 9:01 am