FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: Cancelled Flight and Flight Cancellation
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:46 pm
DevilBucsFlyer
Suspended

15,000 miles for cancelled ComAir Flight

^ ^ ^

Thanks Delta! 10,000 Dash to the Gate, and now this!

If you were on any Cancelled flights over the holidays, check your SkyMiles account.

I was on a flight that was cancelled due to weather in the big Cincinnati snowstorm the week before Christmas. As we all know, you don't get compensation from the airline for weather delays.

Best of all, since I was paying attention, I got rebooked on to a different flight early (I knew my flight was going to cancel due to no incoming aircraft), so I got to my destination only a hour later than scheduled.

And best of best of all.... The only reason I was on the flight that ended up getting cancelled was because I was going to be 170 miles short for redeeming an award ticket I had on hold. So rather than doing CAE-ATL-MCO, I did CAE-ATL-FLL-MCO. The FLL-MCO leg was cancelled (aircraft stuck in the CVG snow).

So, I took that flight to get me just enough miles. Then redeemed essentially all of my miles to take me down to 330 in my account. Now with this and Dash to the Gate... I'm already back to 25,000+.

Whooo Hoooo!
================================================== ==

I am merging your post with a thread posted earlier today on the Comair 15k bonus.

Rssrsvp - Moderator

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Jan 3, 2005 at 4:02 pm