FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: Cancelled Flight and Flight Cancellation
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:59 pm
Alpha Golf

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by dspringer28
I think it's a good start. Also depends on how much you were effected. If you got to you destination late but on the right day, maybe. If you just changed your trip for this month or something, maybe. If you got home three days late with out luggage, they need to give you more.
Well, I did get to destination on the right day (well, 12:30 the following morning). Basically -- spent 90 minutes trying to call, starting at 9a. Twice got India agents who couldn't handle rebooking.

Went to airport, got helpful agent, who rebooked me on DL/ASA via ATL (F on DL, since nothing else available). Booking was roughly 5 hours later than original = lotta time at ORD.

DL flight delayed, meant I missed DCA connection. Rudeness from ASA ("it's not our fault, go talk to Delta."). Rebooked to IAD, hour delay, arrive 12:30a (original about 6 pm).