FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JNB / Johannesburg Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 1:58 am
Cheetah_SA

Programs: BA BD SA
Maun isn't a domestic destination. You should have ample time - just follow the information upthread for international connections.

Originally Posted by lgreen2891
Hi all,

Looking for some advice/reassurance please!

I am flying London to JNB with BA, and then on to Maun with Airlink, next week. My connection was supposed to be 3 hours but is now 2 after a time change beyond my control. I am well aware that this is connection time is tight but doable, and am prepared to run from queue to queue and ask the staff to expedite if time is very tight.

My questions are:
  • Both my flights are on one booking, however will I definitely have to collect my bags and re-check them at JNB before my flight to Maun, since I am going International to Domestic terminals?
  • When I get off the plane at JNB from London, I believe the route is: Immigration, collect bags, customs, drop bags (is there a drop off, since I believe that my bags will already have the barcode/tag from London as on one booking, and if so where is this drop off and is it obvious to find?), then security and then gate. Is this route correct???
  • If the above route is correct, what signs do I follow (or more importantly, NOT follow) when I get off the plane at JNB from London? It is Arrivals or Transfers or Passport? Once I get the correct sign I'll just follow the crowds, it's just the sign to follow which is concerning me. I don't have much wiggle room to make a wrong turn or follow the incorrect sign, since the connection is so tight, so trying to get it clear in my head before I leave.
Thanks in advanced, sorry if this all seems very basic but I've been stressing about this a lot since my times unexpectedly changed, and would love someone to clarify for me. My agent hasn't been too helpful, probably because they have people doing this route all the time without event, but I'd rather get it straight in my head!