FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:28 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Reading your accounts, I almost feel like you must have stayed at a different hotel or things really went south big time in the last 9 months or so.

Not sure where you usually stay and how you like your food, but it all sounds rather concerning and not what we experienced (and we have been staying there for 30+ times over 15+ years) and I don't think usually being in a Club or Specialty suite would lead to such a different experience.

Now don't get me wrong, the place is far from perfect, especially under the current ownership, but if your room was run down already 1-3 years post full renovation (depends on the wing (your initial 1/2xxx was renovated first, 4xxx during Covid and 5/6xxx finished in 2022 IIRC) then that's concerning.

While I can see service being a bit slow at times which I would say is a bit of a "theme" in Bali and them being blurr on some cocktails (yes this should not be the case at those prices), we never found the food poor, e.g. at breakfast it has been fine (good coffee). Stellar? Well not that either, but actually pretty decent. Especially the Indonesian food menu had improved over past years (it was too westernized/ to pared back on flavor and spice) that my picky Indonesian family member was quite okay with it.

Anyways, experiences differ and I am sorry to hear yours was disappointing for you. If you stayed somewhere else in Bali that you really liked and considered excellent (much better than IC) that would be interesting to learn if you don't mind sharing.

Last edited by demue; Sep 3, 2023 at 3:36 am