FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:40 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Edit: well this is new. When I go to get the card it says "cvv2 error*" in red letters under cvv2.
I know it's poor form to double post but I wanted to make sure that this gets bumped. This did resolve itself within an hour or so.

Where I tried to get the gift card right after purchase, it did not redirect me through the screen where you active it by entering your phone number and agreeing to the terms, it sent me straight to the gift card. The CVV2 was showing the error.

I went through the flow again and this time it led me through the normal activation screen, and then gave me the gift card with all the information.

The account number and expiration were unchanged; the CVV2 was just correctly filled in So don't panic if this happens to you (and I would not waste time trying to call giftcardmall; I could not figure out a way through their automated phone tree to talk to a human, and you can't do much without entering a CVV2). They don't seem to have anything invested in customer service.