FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Holy Land and an Irish Wedding (AA/BA/EI J; DL Y)
Old Aug 25, 2023, 10:59 pm
dat4life

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Always nice to see your detailed reports dat4life. You have reminded me yet again that I need to get back over to the UK since I haven't been anywhere there but Heathrow in 15+ years and never been to Ireland/Scotland. Too bad on the bad luck with the BA old seats, those seem up there with those old 2-4-2 United J cabins that you just have to wonder how somebody ever thought that was a good idea.
Thanks, krazykanuck! Ditto on the 2-4-2 config. We're actually headed back to Scotland in a couple of weeks, and I have the GF booked on BA's 77W (LHR-IAH) as she needs to get back a little earlier than me. The seat map is showing Club Suites, but I've noticed on Flight Radar 24 that BA has been using the old config on the route for all but one day this week. So I'm a bit nervous at this point.

Originally Posted by Harper50505
Excellent report from beginning to end! Thank you.
Thanks, Harper!

Originally Posted by 757
Great report and photos - thank you for sharing. Looks like a great trip, and loved the photos from London!
Thanks. 757!

Originally Posted by runningshoes
What a great report and awesome pictures. Was I the only one expecting a report about an Irish wedding in the Holy Land?
Haha! Thanks!, That would have surely been a heck of an experience.

Originally Posted by T8191
Excellent photos and lovely details. A most enjoyable read ... thank you.
Thanks. T8191

Originally Posted by Cards1234
How is your girlfriend feeling?
Appreciate the concern! She's good now. This trip actually took place in September 2022.

Originally Posted by pjs
Great report. We are headed to a full week in Ireland and starting at the Centric for two nights. Also flying there on BA from EWR via LHR so this was very relevant! By the way, I think that was cottage pie not shepherd's pie.
That's an oops on my part! I hope you guys enjoy your trip! I think BA went back to full pre-pandemic service by now, so hopefully your flights are even more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by theshaun
Great report. And thanks to you, going forward anyone seated anywhere near me in any cabin will forever be known as my opponent.
Haha! Glad to see i'm making a difference here