FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Auckland NZ REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 24, 2023, 9:45 pm
jja34-1

I stayed recently in a rooftop harbor view balcony room (probably a few doors down from the room shown in the pictures above).
I really liked the hotel. Location was walkable to most things I was doing in Auckland, staff were very helpful and dinner in the lobby lounge and breakfast were both excellent. My satisfaction is partly based on having a rooftop room with the full balcony. I would not have been happy with one of the rooms on a lower floor that is surrounded by the building cladding. And of course the tub with the stunning view made my day.
There are some things about the hotel that were disappointing. The furnishings are already showing their age. There were massive stains on the banquette where I was seated in the lobby lounge. Same thing on the sofa area in the room. While I realize they can't replace the upholstery after every stain, these were really unsightly. I also don't understand the layout of the room with the toilet separated from the bathroom. Even if they wanted to keep the separate powder room, why not put it closer to the bathroom and the closet nearer the main entry! Finally, I had a lot of trouble with the light switches. They were not intuitive for me. I saw a guide to how to use them in the compendium....if you need to do that then you've selected technology that is far too complicated for a hotel.