FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Aug 22, 2023, 9:15 am
edvanburen

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
For the 2nd time in a month, trouble with an Etihad flight disappearing after putting it on hold.

Successfully put IAD-MLE on hold two days ago. Went into my account this morning and noticed it was gone. Tgonetried to purchase directly from my confirmation email link and status came up 'cancelled'. Of course, I didn't cancel it.

It's gone now and not returned to inventory. Lesson Learned, will probably not mess holds on Etihad going forward, just try to purchase and cancel later if needed.

Curious if anyone else is having problems with Holds?
Two days ago I put an Etihad booking on hold India-JFK with domestic segment tacked on at the end. The next day, the Etihad segments disappeared from the record locator entirely. Today, however, the Etihad segments reappeared and I was able to ticket the booking (calling AA Australia to be safe) at the correct price. So, I would not trust holds, but there is some wonky and inconsistent behavior happening with them.