FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Aug 19, 2023, 12:58 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by s879
Cheeky thing to do, but has anyone combined a cash package for say two nights that includes transfers but combined that with a points booking such that they agree to do the return transfer after your full stay. Obviously the points booking would be pre-booked.

Also, my kids are older; 17 and 14. Are they flexible about allowing older kids in standard room booking as it says 2 kids under 12. Is breakfast included for kids for Diamond members?
Not really cheeky, you've paid for a rate that includes round trip transfers, it doesn't really matter when you take them. Usually rates with included transfer are for 4+ nights but if they offered a package for 2, then it'd be fine. I've done it on two occasions.

Teenagers are not kids based on the occupancy policy.

You can pick OWV, etc, when you select 4 adults on the site though. It's just going to be a pricing matter. You'd probably want to confirm the specifics with the hotel. You can also input your kids ages when booking to see the pricing compared to selecting 4 adults, or compared to if the kids were under 12, etc.

Just picking some random date, I see OWV is $2240 for 2 adults, also $2240 for 2 adults and 2 eleven year olds. If I do 2 adults and a 14 and 17 year old, it's $3380, and 4 adults is $3346 so picking the kids is actually worse in that case which is amusing.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Aug 19, 2023 at 1:07 am