FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 designations
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2005, 7:41 pm
SDF_Traveler

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
How many A320 varations?

I was going to post a new thread, but found this one.

Next week I am flying MSP-PDX on a 32R

I don't believe I've ever seen the code 32R used on nwa.com. When I view my reservation:

Aircraft: 32R (no link to aircraft seating)

For my return, I am also on an A320 from PDX-MSP, but when I view my reservation it reads:

Aircraft: Airbus A320 (with link to A320 seating)

What exactly is the difference between the two? Is the R an over the water version or does the R stand for something in particular?

Lately I haven't been on many NW A320 flights, with most of my flying international on DC-10s & A330-300s combined with DC-9's between SDF-DTW.

On a NW A320 flight from MEM-TPA in December I noticed the interior and seats looked different than other A320's I've been on, with life vest signage and shorter seats in F. All tray tables were inside the arm rests for all F rows. I assume this was an ex-Asia A320.

Most of the other A320's I've taken have taller seats. With the taller seats, I seem to recall the tray tables being in the seat in front in FC (?).

My last A320, I was in the back of the bus as a Plat from DCA-DTW; An A320V, but can't comment on up front. I did many A320 flights in 2003 and I seem to recall most of them had the tall seats in F.

Anyways - does anyone know what A320 varations NWA has in the US domestic fleet and what should I expect for the "32R" providing the EUA is kind to me? Being there is no link to view/change seating within the reservation, my only guess is it's an ex-Asia or a different config A320.

Thanks,

SDF_Traveler (NW Plat)

P.S. What is NW doing for breakfast these days on A320 flights in F between MSP-PDX and PDX-MSP. Both are marked as Breakfast flights.