FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:37 am
arshi007

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
As I posted in the CL waiting/crowding thread, there was no wait to get in on a recent Tuesday at 5:30 pm. Unfortunately that was about where the good ended. The dinner on offer was probably the most miserable selection of food I've seen in a CL since the microwaving cod in the breakroom experience of the CL at PHL in 2019.

The "chef station" pasta which was called "Spaghetti Aglio E Olio" was literally just spaghetti with nothing of discernable taste. On the main buffet they had some pork stew, which I was perplexed as an entrée. It also was completely tasteless. The pear and cherry cobbler dessert was also not very good, but was somehow the least bad part of the meal.

I also really wish they would lean into the beer bar; most of the craft beer options have been unchanged since this lounge opened. Please branch out.
Uggg.. that is indeed a sad looking dish. I completely understand your point. I usually fly out of Concourse B for United so now i've completely given up on even trying to get in the CL, mainly because the last few experiences (which i did last year) were all sub-par food and barely any place to sit. I don't know about other CL's but DEN CL feels more like a free student cafeteria (without the students) and personally for me, not worth visiting even for "free". Its sad because I actually remember the day when the CL opened and I actually visited the CL during its first week of opening and was excited with the experience. Lets hope the new AU AF change can help "elevate" it back a little.