FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Galleria; Houston, Texas [Master Thread]
Old Aug 14, 2023, 4:32 pm
friedablass

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
Has anyone stayed here recently? What's the breakfast and elite recognition like? Is there a lounge with an evening food spread? I really want to visit the Galleria and this hotel seems perfect. If not here, where should I stay?
We have stayed at this hotel a number of times when in Houston for business. Location is great for the Galleria and we like that parking is free. As far as elite recognition we have never gotten an upgrade except for once when using an almost expiring SNA, but the rooms are nice and large enough that we're fine either way.

For our most recent stay in Houston which was last week, I switched to the neighboring JW Marriott because they had a point saver rate of 39,200 points for 2 nights vs 61k at the Westin for the same 2 nights. I had to pay $29 per night parking but I value the difference in points at more than that. They gave an upgrade to a king corner room after chatting with them in the app prior to arrival something that never worked at the Westin. They also honored 4 pm late check out without any problem but I can't say if the Westin would or wouldn't as we never tried there. We like both hotels and would probably stay at the one that has better rates in the future.

Did not eat breakfast at either one so can't comment on that.