FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Aug 12, 2023, 11:46 am
kanneroliver

Originally Posted by ngalmad
Hello, I’ve booked two business class tickets using AA miles. We were able to purchase an infant lap seat through Etihad. Then the representative from Etihad called us back telling us that the infant ticket was going to be cancelled because the tickets numbers are different and that AA has to generate her ticket. I checked my reservation through Etihad and her name is in the reservation. We called AA to confirm if she is in the reservation and she said that the ticket was cancelled. I checked the reservation through AA and Etihad and her name is still there. The AA representative suggested to go to the airport on the day of travel to get Etihad to issue the ticket. Anyone has gone through this and can advise me?
My experience with AA: booked 2 times infant ticket using AA miles on Etihad and 2 times on Qatar. I would say Etihad is no pain, if you find nice and not stupid support.
First you have to ask AA to generate/create the ticket / fake ticket on their site for infant, after you call in Etihad and ask them to buy out the ticket and connect it to your ticket.

DO NOT go to the airport on the day of travel. With Etihad you can do it online. With Qatar and Cathay you have "problems", however from my experience it could be solved if you find normal support.
+ you pay % from ticket price and if you go to the airport, ticket could be too expensive for infant. I think I spent 3-4 days to find the way how to book a ticket with Etihad and almost 2 months with Qatar)